Menu
eaellis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Order "Parked"

I placed an order today for a new phone and contract, gave all my details for a credit check and was told I would be sent a contract to sign and return by 7pm in order for the phone to be delivered next day.

I have received no contracts to sign or any e-mails with any further updates on my order.

I have just contacted Virgin Mobile (after being hung up on 3 times!) to be told that "I'm not elligible for a handset with Virgin Mobile" but no other explanation or detail. 

Does this mean the credit check has failed? If so, why haven't I been told this via e-mail or why could the operator not tell me this over the phone?! 

Not a great first impression of service so unfortunately I'll now be taking my business elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Blissiya
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Order "Parked"

The same thing happened to me! Have you heard anything yet?

0 Kudos
eaellis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After being told I "wasn't eligible for a handset" I logged back into my account to check my order and was surprised to see that the status had changed to being "picked and packed" at their warehouse! I lost count of the number of times I called and tried to get through to someone who understood what on earth was going on and to cancel the order entirely but eventually I got through to someone who said it wasn't being prepared for dispatch as the checks hadn't gone through. 

I've taken my business elsewhere and low and behold, I passed the credit checks straight away without a hitch! I would avoid Virgin Mobile at all costs and go somewhere else! 

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'I've taken my business elsewhere and low and behold, I passed the credit checks straight away without a hitch! I would avoid Virgin Mobile at all costs and go somewhere else! '

Not sure what VM use as a 'credit check' or what firm of supposed 'underwriters', but the whole thing is nothing more than a shambles... Not done by any proper logical 'checks' more like an arbitrary 'flip the coin' decision to be honest..'heads is yes, tails is no' sort of thing..

This site is littered with 'ex customers' who have 'failed' VM's  laughable 'credit check' and have gone elsewhere and got credit instantly..

(I have a credit rating or over 950 with Experian, yet, despite being a customer for 20+years, and always paid on the dot by DD, yet was told I was 'not eligible' for a contract, as I 'failed' their credit checks!!!!)

Went into a competitors shop, walked out 10 mins later with a new phone, and a good contract, 'because your credit rating is so good' I was told. (they did an online credit check there and then)....no problem... 

As for getting any sort of explanation from VM's 'credit assesment department' and their 'underwriters' ........good luck with that one, you will be passed from pillar to post, and nobody will EVER tell you the TRUTH..... 

Best thing you did was to go elsewhere....signing up for VM is opening a real can of worms, that's for sure.....