Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data

On my Nokia 2.2 running Version 10 I am finding that Mobile Data is ON when everything says its OFF. I can switch the data off by switching it on and then turning it off but then something switches it back on again. Odd

I have not confirmed this yet but it may be a possible 4G problem but its early days

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data

This is making my head hurt and I need some expert help on this.
It looks like it is transmitter dependent as, using a transmitter tracking app, it looks like it occurs on a local transmitter broadcasting on Band 3 but does not occur on a transmitter further away broadcasting on Band 1.
This is above my pay grade
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That will be moving between 4G and 3G.

I doubt very much it will be a transmitter problem, there is nothing to there to switch data on or off.

Sound more like a firmware bug. Think I would have to use a SIM from another network to try to narrow it down.

I don't think Virgin do that phone so they won't be able to offer tech support

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

With both Wi Fi and Mobile data off I am listening to Classic Fm . The sim status shows that I am getting a 4G signal at -77db and the app shows the signal to be roughly the same and on Band 3

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Band 3 Virgin is 2G and 4G (1800Mhz)

Band 1 is 3G (2100Mhz)

Unless someone else on this forum has that phone and can offer info. I'm at a loss. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just looked at the guide. Seems there is an FM radio. You would not need data or signal for that. Is that your classic FM?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not that easy im afraid . I was using the Classic FM APP so when i got internet it would start playing . I have found out ,from another forum, how to put the phone into safe mode. This stops added apps from running so if this prevents the problem then its a case of finding which app is miss behaving
0 Kudos