Menu
_Laura_
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data not working

I recently got a replacement sim for my android phone, but since then the mobile data hasn't been working.

At first I made sure the SIM itself was fine, it could still send and receive call and texts and could still pick up Wi-Fi but whenever I turn the data on it doesn't work.

Before calling virgin I tried looking on these community boards and found someone having the same problem as me and tried making a new APN as suggested on that post, but that didn't do anything.

So I called virgin, they sent me a file to install which turned out to be just the same APN settings I had already tried and alas my data still doesn't work. 

Is there anything else to try or is it time to give up and get another replacement sim again?

0 Kudos
ventnor3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data not working

I have experienced exactly the same problem as you and have gone through the same procedures. I know of several others in the same situation, all with the new virgin sim cards. The only connection I can see is we have non-virgin supplied phones {mine is a Oneplus 5}. Not sure what to do next. Hoping for help from the Community.

0 Kudos
zebadee_19
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi

There can be problems. (Oneplus 5t owner.)

I spent several hours sorting mine out.

But this was done by trial & error.

I have tried EE, O2, Three & Vodafone in mine.

In all cases settings were picked up. No problem.

Virgin was a different story.

However there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Go here for the settings etc.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Mobile-APN-settings/ba-p/3629014

When you get to settings simply press the + to add these new settings.

Then after entering APN settings, instead of pressing Save, press the phone's back button. Then go back into the APN page, and the newly created APN should still be there. Then, press Save (that last bit is important).

If this sounds too complicated.

Print out the above & take it to your nearest Virgin store.

Should take a matter of minutes.

ventnor3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

It worked, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
zebadee_19
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi _Laura_,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear your mobile data isn't working following the SIM replacement.

I see zebadee_19 has provided the link for the correct APN settings so please make sure you have them and delete any others as they're not needed.

If you put the SIM in another handsets and it works then it's not the SIM but the settings you have. If it doesn't work then yes it could be a faulty SIM.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

_Laura_
Joining in
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

I just tried my sim in another phone and it worked, so I reset the APN again myself on my phone and it worked this time, thank you! I think last time my problem might've been the old settings were still there, this time deleting the old settings seemed to fix my issue. 

0 Kudos
Teriaser
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved in seconds at the Virgin Media Store in Nottingham.

So angry about the repeated phone calls for help and time wasted on this forum too. It took the store manager 3 seconds!

Now how do I get a refund for the month without data! I won't charge you for my time!

0 Kudos
Mel999
Joining in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Just set my phone with the APN settings provided and now all go again! Thank you.

0 Kudos
Muliro1
Joining in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Dear virgine customer manager department.

I’m MIMI muliro ,

I’m contacting you to day to help me with my account problem.
1) my phone has been with a problem for while for couple moths  (:. Now all the problem affect even my voice messages to dot have them at all. Data . In and out call tooo.......

2) I ring two weeks ago to see if technical support could help me and the technical support try their best and finally says they are not able to fix the problem ):. In that case the found it’s may be the SIM card problem.. the says to me they are going to sent me a new SIM card then I can able te Rest my setting system!!  Nothing was sent or solve! 

3) to day the 14/7/2018/ I ring the customers service and explain all this issue and ask why I don’t have access on my data even my voicemails and sometimes sim freezing!! And person named as Sayed Amed say ? Have you received the new SIM card yet? I say no !

Then he say to me ! Madm your contract with Ee has mad this to be like this because you move your number from them. I enswer him 
First of all , I never use ee in my life .  I don’t kno were is that record are from .

4) I ask Mr amed are you going to reduce ( credited) my account for not having data and voicemail for this two and half week? He say no for got about it! Your contract with us has to be as it is. 

I say to him are you enderstand me or I’m wrong ? He say nothing we can help you as creditcted your account ... the only help we can do ). GO TO THE VIRGINE SHOP FOR HEL you can get a new sim card and set up a new setting!! 

5? I’m sending this email for you to know how your services user are not helping customers.. are their just to say rubish and obligate customers and take people as stupid mind!! 

Is people who work their all qualified to be working with Virgin Media Mobile or are connected from uncles to cuisine?? I’m very sorry to mean this.

I don’t have mobile database. No voicemail, and sometime calls are freezing..... please coul you help me with this mater !! 

A do apreciate all your consideration
Your faithful  Mimi Muliro 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Kudos