cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data - Terrible Coverage

Sadie11
Joining in

My mobile data coverage is terrible as soon as I leave the house and need to use my phone not on wifi I can rarely use my phone with no issues 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sadie11

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your mobile data coverage.

I have taken a look at things from our side, and there isn't any 5G coverage in that area.

Do you have 5G on your phone?

If so, please turn this off and let us know if this then improves.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No I don’t have this selected on my phone it goes between 3G & 4G but still unable to carry out simple asks being told ‘no network connection’ 

Hi Sadie11 👋 Thank you for getting back to us. 

Sorry to hear the issues with your phone signal!

You can look here to check the coverage in your area 👉 O2 Network Coverage Checker | 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Coverage. You can subscribe to status updates in the 'keep me posted' section. If there’s no known issue, try manually resetting your device by: 

• Turning your phone off and on
  • Making sure mobile data is turned on in your settings
  • Choosing the O2 network manually in your settings
  • Resetting your network settings (this will also reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before)

Instructions on how to take these steps can be found using our device-specific trouble-shooter here.
If you think there might be an issue with your device or sim: 

• Try your sim in a different phone
  • Try a different sim in your phone

I will also send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can offer further support if needed. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly