Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data Problems

Has there been a reduction in the mobile data signal strength during the pandemic, I never had a problem before but in the last few weeks find that as soon as I get near home I start getting alerts that I have no mobile data signal as it has been temporarily turned off by my network provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data Problems

As it happens near home it is likely to be a network fault  

As Virgin use EE for signal

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was about to ask this question too! I can't remember the last time I had 4G, have checked the EE signal checker for my house and my work and no problems, don't know whats going on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

According to Virgin and EE we have a good signal at our location, but as soon as we get near to our home we start getting the alerts that there is no data signal, its not a major problem as we use WIFI at home, but the notification repeats periodically throughout the night and there doesn't seem a way to block the alert or make it a silent notification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjp3110

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the mobile data issues. We've checked the coverage in the local area and no issues are showing, Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos