Menu
kaz40
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Broadband Huawei E5576-320

Hi,

I bought a Huawei mobile broadband device on a 1 month rolling contract. Paid £39.99 as upfront cost. I got 3GB data deal for £8 p/m.  After buying the device I realized 3gb is not enough for me. As I am on a 1 month rolling contract I am free to leave in a month after giving notice. (30days notice req)

So I rang and asked to unlock my device, so that I can use it with a different network. First I was told, the request has been made & it might take abt 7-10 days. So I rang again to check up on it, and was told that the device can't be unlocked. So I questioned , whether is it allowed. As far as I know no network can lock their customers to their network only, unless you are inside the contract period.

Is this correct, Can virgin tell me I can't use the device with other network. Also i paid for the device upfront, it wasn't given free to me. Every time i call, I get different answers, or they do not know the answer. I just waste hours on the calls getting transferred from one department to another.

If I ask to complain , again there is no email or number for that from them.

Please advice.

Thank you

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Broadband Huawei E5576-320

Are you sure it's locked? I know with phones Virgin have not locked them for some time. Can you borrow a SIM on another network and try.  

I suspect 789 don't know the answer to this one. I didn't even know they sold these devices 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kaz40
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried Ee & three sim cards and it did not work. 

Then when i put back the virgin sim , it did not work for abt half an hour. I have to call them to ask what was wrong, but again no proper answers.

Luckily it started to work back. Think I have to complain ,.

Thank you

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It may not have worked with those other cards as the APN settings would be different. If I remember correctly they have to be set by using a Web browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks