Menu
edintheclouds
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mix up between mobiles

Hi all,  I hope someone can help with my problem.

I have two mobiles, both are PAYG, a new SIM card appeared in the post for my oldest Samsung C600 phone, it only makes calls and sends texts with a number ending in 272600. I replaced the SIM. On switch on, the C600 reports 'WRONG CARD'. I replaced the old SIM all back to normal.

My second phone is a Samsung Galaxy j3 with a number ending 460302, I'm wondering if the new SIM is really for the J3 , Virgin may have mixed up the numbers.

My problem is I can't make contact with a person to explain this unusual situation, the letter says they will deactivate the old SIM card. Do they mean the number 272600 where the new SIM doesn't work or the phone with the number 460302 which is the wrong number for SIM supplied.

Sorry if this is long winded, how can I resolve the problem with only help pages, robot type info. or only call centre phone options, not a person to ask.

Thanks for reading.

Les

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mix up between mobiles

not sure what the C600 is trying to say - if the new card works the phone will not know what number it is it will just work

different phones give different messages if they are network locked and you put a card in that is not for that network so maybe its saying that

te old cards are on EE - the new cards are not so if the phone is locked to EE the new card will not work until its unlocked - if the phone originally came from VM they they may be able to unock it

Tony
0 Kudos
edintheclouds
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Both phones were supplied by Virgin Media.

Cheers

Les

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

then there is every chance they are locked to the older sims - you will need them both unlocking - there is a webpage to fill in your details somewhere but i cannot find it

search for that or wait for VM to get to the thread - they should be able to help

Tony
0 Kudos
edintheclouds
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

I have managed to talk to customer services this morning. 

I thought someone might find this useful, my old Samsung SGH C300 (not C600, my mistake) is the phone the new upgraded SIM was intended for, as it reported 'WRONG CARD' means it's too old for the new SIM.

Virgin Mobile are prepared to replace my old Samsung for free with a similar phone which can read the new SIM.

Les

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

To request the network unlock code the website is https://www.virginmedia.com/help/unlock-code-request1

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks