Menu
Ndb12
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Miss sold contract

Hi All,

I’ll try to make this quick but any help would be gratefully received-I’m at my whits end.

I ordered 2 phones-one for my daughters birthday and one for my myself as we were coming to the end of our current contract with a another provider. 

I ordered online, selected the 1gb of data option which clearly stated it came with unlimited calls and below the table “all out tariffs come with unlimited text messages “.

After 14 days, neither of us could call out or send messages. 

Called virgin, got through to the Philippines-was shouted at by the call handler who told me it was my own fault for not calling them and ordering online. Said it was my mistake not theirs and there was nothing they can do. 
Since then, I have called 9 times, spoken to 11 different people all bar one were rude and told me it was my own fault. 
Two of them out the phone down on me-one of them after I’d been in tears as I’d been on the phone for two hours. 

One told me he would add unlimited calls and 5g of data until it was resolved which he did not do, one told me she has added a credit to my phone so I could call out of £10 which she did not do as I still can not use my phone and I have been waiting two weeks for the complaints department to call me back and four days since I was told a manager would call me back. 
I was told an email had been  sent to me which it hadn’t -I checked while I was on the phone to them and they said “oh well” 

I am completely exhausted and stressed by this whole thing. 
My daughter can not use her phone so she is unable to go out safely alone and I can not call anyone either, which means I can’t check on my family and it is impacting my work. 

I keep getting messages saying I’m over my spending cap but I can’t log in to my mobile account as it says my security password is wrong even though it’s the exact same one I’d used when I tried to log in 5 minutes earlier and 45 minutes after speaking to someone on the phone where it worked and it it works for my media account. 

It very clearly states on the website what you’re buying and that it is INCLUSIVE of unlimited texts and calls. There also is nowhere to add any calls or minutes on to the package. 
Who would by a phone at that price for 1g of data and no calls or txt messages?! 

To top it off, virgin have charge me an additional £9.20 but no one has explained what for or will refund it “because they have applied a £15 credit already” ( which I was actually told was £10 -but nothing in fact was applied at all!).

This is my last hope before contacting of Offcom and the ombudsman. 
All I want is for someone to help me and my daughter get out phones to work. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Miss sold contract

This is mainly a customer to customer forum but I have emailed the team 

Keep an eye out for their post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ndb12
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Enlli,

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and what happened/was it resolved and if so how. 

I can not get through to Virgin at all other than to those in the Philippines which I think go off some sort of a script option. There is no way to speak to a UK call centre and I am tired of being shouted at down the phone. Any help from anyone on here that could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks for your reply. 

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get into your account as that would show exactly what you signed up for?

If the answer is "no" it may be a good idea to brave the helpline again just to resolve the password issue.

I had a similar problem when I first set up my account so ended up talking to an Indian call centre. Although the lady I spoke to was difficult to comprehend, she was helpful and did resolve the issue.

M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Ndb12
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pars,

No I didn’t, having spoken to them at virgin they said as I had “done it online and not bothered to speak to them, it’s my fault I ordered 1gb of data and nothing else”. 
So I although I can not see what is on my account, that is what they are telling me. 

I have been back on to the virgin website several times and it clearly states unlimited calls and messages so I am unsure how I would have “ordered wrong “ as they keep telling me. 

There is also nowhere during ordering that it says I needed to add any additional packages to give me calls or messages. I have asked if I can just add some on but they keep telling me I can’t unless I buy out the contract. 

I’m glad you managed to get your issue resolved. Hopefully virgin will come back to me and sort mine out too. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This has come up before. Sending out data only SIM cards. Only problem is they don't technically exist! How it happens, I'm not sure but no-one seems to have fixed it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ndb12
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I really really hope it can be resolved. It’s crazy. Why would anyone CHOOSE that option. 

I’m hoping virgin come back to me. It’d be interesting to find out if other people who have experienced this have had the issue sorted. 

It’s even more frustrating because virgin clearly know it’s happened before so why Is it happening over and over again. 

Virgin are effectively misleading people when they are buying from there website and miss selling products to customers. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I know the team here have sorted it for people. As I said these are technically unlisted SIM cards as Virgin gave up on data only some time back!

0 Kudos
Ndb12
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you enlli,

Fingers crossed they can help me. 

Thank you for your replies. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear about your mobile contract issue Ndb12 and for the inconvenience caused. May I ask whether you have registered for an online mobile account here to check what contract you signed up for?  It's so we can check whether the correct tariff has been assigned. Do you also have any screenshot of what you ordered? Please remove any personal details if you do.

Thanks.

Lisa

0 Kudos