Menu
rcflyer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Migration to 5G

I recently received a text from Virgin Media 13/12/21 (after VM moved me from EE to Vodafone)
"When you're in a 5G area with a 5G phone you can access 5G at no extra charge"

My contract is a SIM only rolling monthly one, so if I get a 5G phone am I good to go or do I need a new SIM (I have a purple one)? and do I have to start a new contract?

0 Kudos
Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Migration to 5G

Afternoon @rcflyer, thanks for your post.

Provided that you are now under the Vodafone network with us and do have a 5G compatible handset, you'll be ready to go to receive 5G data.

Can I just check if we have confirmed that you are now under the Vodafone network? If you are not, we can check this for you via PM and arrange for a new SIM to be sent out to you so you can go through the EE to Vodafone migration process. However please bear in mind, as stated above, you will need to use the SIM in a 5G ready handset to be able to receive the 5G signal. If you're looking to purchase a 5G ready handset from us, great! You can take a look at all the handsets we offer from our website here: virg.in/phoneshop. If you're unsure what network you're under, just give us a shout and we can check this for you via our private messaging function.

Let us know!

Tom

Tom_W
0 Kudos
rcflyer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am definitely on Vodaphone now. I know I will need a new phone as my present phone doesn't support 5G. I just wanted to check that if I buy a new 5G phone it will work on 5G straight away.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay great @rcflyer.

As long as you've been switched over to Vodafone successfully, your existing SIM will be 5G ready!

All you need to do now is get your hands on a 5G handset and pop the SIM inside and you'll be good to go with 5G! Here's the link in this reply too for you 🙂

virg.in/phoneshop

Please let me know if you need anything further but if not, happy phone hunting!

Thanks

Tom

Tom_W
0 Kudos
rcflyer
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks Tom

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rcflyer,

No worries at all. 

Keep us posted on how things go and if you do need further assistance, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos