Menu
Mickmic
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mck code

Hi, i recieved a new sim card and after inserting it i must have put the wrong codes in in the wrong order and now my phone is wanting a mck code.

First, any idea what this is and where would i get this from.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mck code

Welcome to our Community Forum Mickmic and sorry to hear you're having problems with your SIM card.

So we can help, can you give us more information such as what phone model you're using and what code you was entering? For example is it the PIN code, a PUK code or the phone unlock code?

Please also tell us where you purchased the phone?

I'm sorry for the questions but the more information we have the better we can help you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Usually the MCK is the code you should input when you locked your phone trying too many times typing the wrong NCK

The NCK code is the normal code used for unlocking your phone from a network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mickmic
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's an unlocked galaxy s9plus which i purchased 2nd hand, unlocked off of ebay.

Like i said it's the mck code i need to imput but where would this code be found. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The MCK code needs to be requested to Samsung by the network that locked it.

If when you put in the VM SIM it asked for the Network codes, it wasn't unlocked.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Mickmic
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so this problem hasn't been resolved yet, i know for definite that the new sim works because I tried it in my wifes phone but when I've put it back in mine it asks for the mck code. The phone was originally unlocked from ee and I've spoken to them and they say they can't relock a phone, I've messaged Samsung and they say it the network provider who i should speak to. I just seem to be going round in circles.......help me please VM

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it is still asking for an MCK code then someone at sometime in the past has put in an unlock code too many times.

Phones coming from eBay supposedly unlocked when they are not is common.

Not sure what Virgin can do in this case. A standard unlock code is one thing an MCK unfreeze code another. As the phone is DEFINITELY locked you will need both codes.

If you still think it is unlocked trying a SIM from Vodafone, O2, Three or one of their MNVOs will prove it one way or another.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos