Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mate 20 Pro update issue

Hi, my device keeps alerting me that a new update is available to download - 10.0.0.138 - but I have already installed it. This had happened every time I install (lost count how many times). Has anyone been able to find a fix for this? I've already tried resetting it, clearing the cache, partitioning the cache via Recovery Mode, even doing a factory reset but the same issue occurs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mate 20 Pro update issue

Good Afternoon Naz_Toonster,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to see that you've been struggling with an update on the handset, is this still on going or have you now been able to complete the update?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thanks for your response. No I'm still getting the same issue. I reached out to Huawei Technical Helpdesk and they've suggested asking my carrier to push through EMUI 10.1 and hopefully this should mean 10.0.0.138 stops reappearing again.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated. 

Regards,

Naz_Toonster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Naz_Toonster.

I'm not sure how we will be able to push through a software update on your handset to be honest.

Is it possible to switch the handset off, remove the SIM card from the handset and then put it back in and restart the phone. This will clear the cache on the handset and may allow the update to complete/process it's installation.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Tried the sim trick but this didn't work either. Still have the same issue with the exact same update reappearing again and again after I install again. It isn't causing any harm as far as I'm aware just quite annoying to be mithered with pop ups every few minutes reminding me to update my phone to the same update again.

Thanks, 

• Naz_Toonster. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Naz,

you could try the following. It worked on a cheap Bush tablet from Argos that had the same issue.

If the download has completed and updated your phone you can try the following

Download an explorer app like Solid Explorer File Manager.
In the explorer app go to settings and choose show hidden folders.
In the internal memory find the folder named .OTA.
Delete the zip files in that folder.
Go to Settings > System Updates and click on the gear icon on top.
Deselect Auto-download over Wi-Fi option ( you can turn that back on again after rebooting your phone, and if you get the same problem again, repeat the above but Deselect Auto-download over Wi-Fi option again

Your phone settings may not be exactly the same, but hopefully you can follow the above steps for guidance.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos