cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive mobile signal drop in my area

dalew1969
Tuning in

Over the last few weeks everybody in my area on Virgin Mobile has seen the signal level drop, outdoors we are getting 1 - 2 bars, indoors I have no signal in most rooms.

Previously I always had 4 or max signal even indoors.

I have used the coverage checker and it shows excellent signal coverage indoors and outdoors on 4G.

There doesn't seem to be any way of checking for mobile issues via the website or even raising an issue, seems a bit pointless for the service checker to only check TV, Broadband and landline services when you also offer mobile?!

Are you aware of any issues with the local masts in the Billinge/Orrell areas, WN5?

15 REPLIES 15

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dalew1969,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Mobile signal.

How is your signal at the moment? Does it only drop in certain areas?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

I currently have 0 - 1 bar in my front room. 😞

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dalew1969,

Thanks for confirming this, is this for your signal or your mobile data? 

What happens when you move to a different room? Or outside?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This is for my signal, itis not really any better when moving outside or to another room.

When making calls the other person says I am breaking up.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

When you are using your phone at work is it better? Or when you are in a different part of your city/town?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Yes, it is fine in other areas, as stated it used to be fine in this area also but not for the last few weeks.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @dalew1969.

Can you try using our diagnostics page?

Also our mobile coverage app?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hayley
Forum Team

The diagnostics page is for repairing my mobile phone, there is nothing wrong with my phone, as stated it is affecting all people in my area, this is clearly a local mobile network issue.

Also, as stated in my original post I have already used the coverage checker and it shows I should have excellent coverage in 2G, 3G and 4G.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Unfortunately I am limited to what I can do regarding the coverage in your home @dalew1969.

If the phone is working in other areas, then it could be something to do with the home and the walls in the house. I understand that this only happened a few weeks ago, which is strange if nothing is showing on the coverage checker. Have you tried using a different SIM in your home? To see if it is a network issue? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team