Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MY OLD SIM WAS DEACTIVATED BY VIRGIN, AND NEW SIM DOES NOT WORK

MY OLD 2004 NOKIA MOBILE NO LONGER WORKS BECAUSE VIRGIN HAS DEACTIVATED THE SIM AND SENT A REPLACEMENT WHICH DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY.

SEEING AS I HAVE NOT CAUSED THIS ISSUE, CAN I GET A  FREE HANDSET OR  A FREE UNLOCK OF THE HANDSET?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: MY OLD SIM WAS DEACTIVATED BY VIRGIN, AND NEW SIM DOES NOT WORK

what do you mean "don't fit"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

THE NEW SIM IS CLEARLY DIFFERENT TO THE OLD ONE,  BECAUSE THE GOLD CONTACTS ON THE NEW SIM ARE A DIFFERENT SIZE TO THOSE ON THE OLD SIM, SO  THEY DON'T MATCH UP, AND I GET THE MESSAGE, '' SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED''    MEANING THE PHONE DOES NOT WORK AT ALL AND i AM LOCKED OUT OF IT.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the sim cards have never changed the contacts have always been the same.
The only thing that has changed is the size on the sim. The Vm sims are multi sims you pop ouot the size you need.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A 2004 Nokia uses what is referred to as a standard size SIM, that is the largest size one you can push out from the card.

Sometimes the contacts look different but when fitted they still align with the phone contact.

There are two possible reasons for the SIM not working. 1. The phone is network locked and requires an unlock code to work with the new SIM. 2. The SIM has not been activated.

0 Kudos