Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Low signal on new phone?

Just switched from o2 to virgin using PAC so number is the same. Had confirmation from virgin yesterday that everything had moved across however i can only get one bar of signal on 4G wherever I am in the house/garden. If I switch to 3G I can get two. 

My partner is also on virgin and receives full signal whenever he is. I was sitting next to him with only one bar and my call dropping out whilst he had full! 

I have restarted my phone (iPhone 11) numerous times/reset network settings/software on the phone is up to date/coverage in the area is showing as excellent on virgin/EE/ofcom checkers and this is backed up by my partner having consistent full signal.

Any ideas as I’m currently working from home and my work phone is diverted to my mobile meaning I can’t take calls as they are dropping out constantly. If this can’t be fixed I will have to cancel the contract and go back to o2 which obviously isn’t ideal and a lot of hassle! 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Low signal on new phone?

Have you enabled WiFi calling? Signal indoors is pretty much irrelevant once that setting is enabled 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low signal on new phone?

Ah thanks, I hadn’t done this and it has helped with calls dropping out. 

0 Kudos