Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lost return

Hi all, 

Several issues that need resolving here and I’m just going round in circles with virgin with no resolution. 

I ordered an upgrade via live chat at the very start of October, should have been an iPhone 11 and airpods bundle, the person on the live chat actually ordered me the iPhone 11 and Apple Watch bundle. Would have been a great little upgrade if I didn’t already have an Apple Watch and require the airpods. So I got in touch with virgin straight away who stated I must return the entire bundle to get my contract cancelled under the 14 day guarantee and there was no way I could return just the watch. This is the 5th of October and I was at this point told I wouldn’t be able to reorder the correct bundle until the 15th (my refresh date) seems like a stupid policy as it meant I was then going to be without a phone for nearly 2 weeks. But I sent it back regardless, my daughter took it into the post office branch for me as I was self isolating, she had it weighed and the post office worker asked what was inside, she stated it was a watch and phone and he asked her to put it on the counter. She then left and 5 minutes later realised the SIM card was still inside the new phone, she went back in and the parcel had been moved from the front counter and was behind the postal desk not in a bag with the rest of the parcels which were previously on the front desk. The post office worker helped her to open the package and retrieve the SIM card, he then retaped the bag up and said ‘oh it’s an Apple Watch it doesn’t fit in here very well, it was taped up regardless. Now here is where the real issue begins. Phone and watch in bag at the point of my daughter leaving the post office branch. Three days later the phone arrives back with us on its own no sign of the watch just a letter from virgin stating the bundle must be returned in full for a refund. I called up and was told by the advisor that the reason it wasn’t accepted was because the imei numbers didn’t match... they did we clarified this over the phone, they apologised. Next thing you know they’re claiming the watch never turned up with them, I had proof of postage and offered this, they said there was no need for it at this stage and they’d be back in touch when the investigation required it. Over 5 days later they call and ask for proof of postage to be emailed. Another 6 days after this they inform me that the investigation has found the weight on proof of postage doesn’t match the weight the phone should have been. So here lies the issue, either the postal workers scales don’t work properly and he did infact send the parcel on in its complete form and somebody at their logistics centre has a nice new watch. Or the postal worker has fiddled the proof of postage and has a nice new watch. 

They told me their ‘findings’ on Tuesday morning and said a manger would call be back within 72 hours to discuss. I called back on Tuesday evening asking why this would take 72 hours at which point they tell me it’s being investigated with yodel... I didn’t return with yodel it was Royal Mail, guy on the phone corrects himself says it will be Royal Mail they’re investigating with and to wait 72 hours. These 72 hours have long gone and no response or call from manager about this matter. I tried speaking to someone on live chat today, he told me the findings of the investigation again about the weight not matching I again told him I want to raise this complaint further as I know for a fact I walked out of that post office without a watch. He said there was no open investigation with yodel... again mentioning a courier company I did not use. He says that was his mistake and it was actually Royal Mail he meant to say... suspicious 😒 The chat then disconnected and I am no closer to an answer! So then tonight I thought do I just cut my losses accept I have no watch or airpods and use my phone, put the sim in to find they’ve actually blacklisted the iPhone I’m still paying for and I can’t even use that anymore. 

At my wits end and would appreciate any help possible!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost return

Hi Allanfinlay, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry this return process has not gone as smoothly as you would have wanted. I will be more than happy to look into this for you in order to get to a resolution for you. 

I will send you a PM now as we will need to chat about account specifics. 

Speak soon. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos