Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lost my mobile

I need a hand please! - I lost my mobile yesterday (painful, as we know - like losing a limb!). I have sent a text to 07533 016422 but there's been no response. I need assurances please that my SIM is now blocked - thank you!

Also: I am trying to order a new SIM online. Have tried several times, and on each occasion I am invited to log onto my Virgin account. When I do that I am asked the "Are you a robot" question, and then even though my e-mail address and password are ticked green and correct, I am told there's a problem and I end up back in a loop. My Virgin service has always been good - and I am trying hard to avoid putting pressure on call centre staff who may be available to assist by phone - but I am getting nowhere. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated - ta! 

MohoMike 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my mobile

I am now totally in limbo....

1) I have had no response from Virgin Media Services via 07533 016422

2) I am locked out of my Virgin account, which means I cannot buy a replacement SIM online.

3) A new password can only be sent to my phone (which I have lost) rather than to my e-mail address, so I am stuck.

4) There are no call centre staff who can help me (which is kind of extraordinary - I assumed there would be an army of Virgin Media staff, with top of the range technology, working from home).  

Come on Virgin - you are a communications giant. The pandemic is the perfect moment in history for you to show us how awesome you are!

I am on the verge of leaving, frankly, after decades of being with you, so please restore my faith in your ability to provide decent customer service at this difficult time. I am a keyworker - grafting 7 days a week to help vulnerable people return home from hospital safely - and my phone is a vital lifeline.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic news! My phone has been found - yay!! It's a long story - with pandemic-related stress as a contributory factor.

But, sorry to report....

Even though a new password has been sent to my phone - and with all good entries showing account e-mail: green tick, new password: green tick and Not a Robot: green tick, I still can't get into my account. What's the story guys? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have made some progress! A password re-set code has been sent to my phone (the one that was unexpectedly found!) - but I still can't get into my Virgin account. I can't remember my security question (not uncommon), so I selected the option of having a re-set message sent to my e-mail account. That happened, but as soon as I click on it I see this:

That link is no more

The link you just selected was only valid for 24 hours after your request.

Would you like us to send you another email?

You couldn't make it up! 

Once again beloved Virgin colleagues, I make the point - you are a multi-million dollar communications colossus. If you can't sort out something as simple as a re-set wizard at a time like this, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I'm sure one of the team can get this fixed in double-quick time. If they do, my faith in you will be restored!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MohoMike,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about this. I will private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin for stepping in to assist. Sorry about the weekend rant - these technical glitches have just come at the worst possible time, with the world being so upside-down at the mo. Am hoping for a speedy remedy that will get me back into my account - but it would be good to also fix the password re-sert glitch for the benefit of others who might also be sent round in a loop like me. Right now, we all gotta look out for each other!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Martin from the Forum Team has been genuinely helpful (thank you!) - but efforts to fix access to my online account have been hampered by yet more surreal nonsense that sends me round in another tiresome Virgin Media circle. Martin has deleted by old account (helpful move) buit when I tried to register a new account today, there's yet more frustration to deal with. Online I am for the answer to my security question. I don't recall the answer clearly (it's been a while), but it'll be one of three options. I have tried all three and none work - so the online message says I have to ring 789. When I do that, the answer machine message says (you guesed it) all Virgin call centres are closed and I am referred back to the online site! There's clearly a real problem here where the online development team are simply unaware of how impossible it is to make any progress when caught in one of these loops - and that is astonishing to me, given the nature of the business. Virgin seem to be excelling in basic schoolboy errors - while still taking our dollars, of course. Come on Virgin - time to seriously raise your game before we all vote with our feet. Patience is wearing thin - but Martin can maybe save the day...I guess he just needs to ask a Virgin Customer Service advisor to give me a call. Given that we're dealing with a telecommunications giant, I presume that's possible. Pleeease Martin - make it happen if you can...

0 Kudos