cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection while stuck abroad - please help!

booforty
Just joined

Hello,

I am temporarily working abroad and my sim has suddenly stopped working.  I know that Virgin have sent me a new sim to my home address, but I can't intercept it anytime soon.  Now my calls and texts no longer work.  Is there anyway someone from Virgin Mobile can call me to help as I can't call them?  [Removed].  If possible, I need my current sim extended until I can get back to the UK. Thanks so much!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello booforty

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear your Sim has been deactivated 

Can I just ask why a New Sim was sent to you?

Gareth_L

Hi, I'm having the same problem, new sim was sent to a UK address while I'm stuck in France, I might be able to arrange for another new sim card to be sent to me here if I have it sent to an acquaintance's house, but in the time being I urgently require access to my number for work related phone calls.

The reason for all of this is unclear, but the message I received says "We tired to update your mobile networkservices so you can use your mobile outise the UK but it didn't work".

Hello alaaeddinemazo

We are upgrading our network and needed to swap some existing Sims

The new sim would need to be activated in the Uk 

The sent over to you 

Have you been able to arrange that since 

Gareth_L