Menu
Trev012
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost Signal on 2 Mobile phones for 44+ Hours

Right Virgin Mobile............

I have 2 mobile phones and both of them were out of service last weekend for over 44 hours in the postcode area DG99AA. (31/7/20@18:00 - 02/08/2020@15:30 approx)

Now I know there were thunderstorms on the Friday but I find it totally unacceptable to have no connection at all for such a long time. All my friends & colleagues still had a signal on other networks so this just should not happen.

I have tried lodging a complaint via phone but you just don't want to hear from me. I am on a 24 month contract but sadly I cannot rely on your service.

What are you prepared to do regarding this issue ??

Trevor A Clements

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Signal on 2 Mobile phones for 44+ Hours

Better have a word with EE then. It's their network and their responsibility. Virgin have no masts or engineers, they just rent airtime. If they report it that's as far as they can go

So when you think about it they too weren't getting something they paid for.

I'm sure somebody will be along. But as this is a Community (subscriber to subscriber) forum there may be a wait.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Trev012
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

But my contract is with Virgin Mobile - Not EE !! It's their responsibility to sort the mess out with EE, not mine.

It's also their responsibility to come to me with a solution to my complaint. 

And perhaps if they could also man their phones for a quick solution.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev012,

Thanks for posting - I'm really sorry to hear that you had no mobile service for a couple of days, I can understand the frustration attached with this.

I've double checked the postcode you've provided in our systems and can see that there are only 2 phone masts within a reasonable range there, but still neither were very close to that location. This may have been the reason why you didn't have any signal. 

Do you mind if I ask whether this was at your home address where you lost signal or were you traveling?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos