Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost SIM Card - Overseas replacement

If I lost my virgin media SIM card and request for a new SIM card, will I still be able to keep my contacts and messages on the phone using the new SIM card? I have no backup because my last backup to a desktop computer was found to be corrupted.

Also, will virgin media be able to post the new SIM card overseas (e.g. Asia)? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost SIM Card - Overseas replacement

It depends if your contracts and messages are stored on the phone.

However, UK cards can only be sent to UK addresses so you will have to nominate someone in the UK who can forward it to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello
I am afraid that VM cannot send out a SIM when you are not in the UK, even if they could I am afraid that as all SIMs are not activated when sent out, they will only activate when connected to their home UK network, the only way around this is for VM to send the SIM to a family member or friend and for them to place in a phone to activate it and then for them to forward the activated SIM to you.
Can you let the forum know if this can be done and then a member of the VM forum team can arrange the replacement to be sent to a UK address.
Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does this mean that if my contacts are stored on the SIM card, and I request a new SIM card (which will deactivate my old SIM card), I will lose my contacts and messages?

Noted on the point about UK addresses. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer. However, if my contacts and messages are stored on the old SIM card, will a new SIM card contain my info as well? 

Or will deactivating my old SIM card cause my contacts/messages to be erased?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you want to double check. Remove your present SIM from the phone and run it without. If you have your contacts and messages then they are stored on the phone. If not, then reinsert the SIM and check how you can copy things across on your model.

Most phones these days use the phone memory rather than the SIM. Don't think I have stored stuff on the card for 15 years or more