cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of caller ID

Lettuc3
Tuning in

Hello

Since last week the caller ID on my home phone has not been working. I had not been notified of any work being carried out in the area as the last time this happened engineers were working in the area. I know something happened to the line because the care link (which is connected to the landline) had to be reset. All the message I get on my phone is 'call' or 'incoming call'. 1471 and 1571 work OK but if I have 2 or 3 missed calls and no message I can only find the last number not all the missed calls.

Any advice please?    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lettuc3 

I am sorry the feature has still not been activated following on from the tech visit. 

I will follow up with a contact and get back to you asap. 

Thank you for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lettuc3 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry your caller ID has stopped working. 

I would love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there!

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lettuc3 

Thanks for your time via PM

We've taken Caller ID off the switch for you and put it back on.

If you check now for me, it should be working. 

If you experience the same issue, PM me as I'll need to book a technician visit. 

Keep me posted! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello

Just tested phone and still only 'incoming call' no name or caller number

Oh no!

Thanks for checking @Lettuc3 

I'll PM you to arrange a tech visit. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello

I received a visit from an engineer on 23rd March who stated that my caller ID needed to be reconnected and this could take up to a week. It has been over a week now and I still do not have any caller ID. Very frustrating as if I have more than one missed call and no message is left I can only pick up the last number on1471. 

Hi @Lettuc3 

I am sorry the feature has still not been activated following on from the tech visit. 

I will follow up with a contact and get back to you asap. 

Thank you for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Lettuc3 

I am so pleased Caller ID is now working for you 🙌

You know where we are if you need help with anything else.

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi, I too have lost caller ID following a service visit where your technician moved me on to a new line. This seems to be a common problem, please sort it out.

Regards, clarkejh