Menu
Reply
Cat10
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
697 Views
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Service

On 19 December I suddenly lost my mobile service from home i.e. emergency calls only.  When I travel to another area I can pick up a signal but no data.  My partner who is also with Virgin can receive and make calls as usual from home.  I've had several chats online with your company, made several calls to  your team and all I get is a new sim card which still doesn't work.  Your agents said he would phone me today on my landline but he hasn't.  Tonight I've spent more than 2 hours in chat waiting for a human to answer but no response.  I appreciate you're busy but this has gone on long enough and the inconvenience is too much.  So I've just cancelled my monthly Direct Debit since you've failed to provide anything comparable to a service.  

0 Kudos
Reply
carl_pearce
  • 1.4K
  • 91
  • 308
Knows their stuff
692 Views
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service


@Cat10 wrote:

On 19 December I suddenly lost my mobile service from home i.e. emergency calls only.  When I travel to another area I can pick up a signal but no data.  My partner who is also with Virgin can receive and make calls as usual from home.  I've had several chats online with your company, made several calls to  your team and all I get is a new sim card which still doesn't work.  Your agents said he would phone me today on my landline but he hasn't.  Tonight I've spent more than 2 hours in chat waiting for a human to answer but no response.  I appreciate you're busy but this has gone on long enough and the inconvenience is too much.  So I've just cancelled my monthly Direct Debit since you've failed to provide anything comparable to a service.  


Cancelling your direct debit will mean nothing to VM, only to your credit rating for late payments.

Have you tried the SIM in another device OR a different SIM in your mobile?

Sounds like your mobile could be at fault OR the new SIMs are on the vodafone network which isn't available in your area.

0 Kudos
Reply
Cat10
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
676 Views
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

Thanks for your reply.

Have tried all the usual stuff i.e  inserting sim in another old phone (2g or less) which doesn't work either.  I don't see how it could be the phone because it works even if limited in another area.

Could be the new Vodaphone network but my partner has a new Virgin sim and his signal is ok everywhere.  When you go to the Advanced section under Network on the phone, and manually choose the network, both EE and Virgin are "forbidden" if that gives any clues!  

What is really annoying is that I've been with Virgin for about 15 years and there doesn't seem to be any assistance from customer service.

0 Kudos
Reply
carl_pearce
  • 1.4K
  • 91
  • 308
Knows their stuff
674 Views
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service


@Cat10 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Have tried all the usual stuff i.e  inserting sim in another old phone (2g or less) which doesn't work either.  I don't see how it could be the phone because it works even if limited in another area.

Could be the new Vodaphone network but my partner has a new Virgin sim and his signal is ok everywhere.  When you go to the Advanced section under Network on the phone, and manually choose the network, both EE and Virgin are "forbidden" if that gives any clues!  

What is really annoying is that I've been with Virgin for about 15 years and there doesn't seem to be any assistance from customer service.


What happens if you try your SIM in your partner's phone?

0 Kudos
Reply
Cat10
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
672 Views
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

Thank you.

When I tried in my partner's I still get nothing!  I also have a dual sim and have switched them and no service.  I've had several sims from Virgin now and none make a difference.

0 Kudos
Reply
carl_pearce
  • 1.4K
  • 91
  • 308
Knows their stuff
670 Views
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service


@Cat10 wrote:

Thank you.

When I tried in my partner's I still get nothing!  I also have a dual sim and have switched them and no service.  I've had several sims from Virgin now and none make a difference.


That's very odd!

Sorry I think you'll have to wait for VM to respond as I'm out of ideas!

0 Kudos
Reply
Cat10
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
666 Views
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

Many thanks for your attempts to resolve this, I'm grateful for your time 😊

0 Kudos
Reply
Kully28
  • 23
  • 1
  • 3
On our wavelength
653 Views
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of Service

I have had problems with my phone since last week. I was sent a new sim that did not work in my phone but worked in another phone I had. I posted on here for help and tried everything that was suggested. 

I decided to call virgin and after nearly 2 hours the advisor told me that virgin mobile is transferring from ee to Vodafone and that the migration of my number had failed and i had been sent an ee sim. 

There may not be any network issues with virgin mobile but the migration from ee to Vodafone is an issue. 

I know it's a pain but you are best to call and speak to someone as they will have access to all your details and check what the problem was. I have been trying since last week to sort this and after speaking to an advisor today know what the problem is.

I think it's better to be on hold with virgin and speak to someone if you've been having problems for so long. Good luck 

0 Kudos
Reply
Cat10
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
646 Views
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

Thanks for that.  

The migration from EE to Vodaphone would appear to be the problem.  If someone at VM could even tell me that, instead of sending sims it would be helpful.  I will try to speak to them tomorrow where I can get a signal and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Reply
Kully28
  • 23
  • 1
  • 3
On our wavelength
636 Views
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Service

I know it's really frustrating.

You maybe on hold for a while before you get to speak to someone but it's better than doing an online chat (my total time spent on an online chat was 4 hours, most of that waiting for an advisor)

Once I finally got through to an advisor it took less than 15 minutes to get to the bottom of the problem and fingers crossed my new sim will arrive and work. 

The migration from ee to Vodafone isn't something I was aware of, would be helpful if people were made aware of this as it seems to be a problem for a lot of people. 

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Reply