cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing network connection abroad

docherty
Tuning in

Hello

Last year I was away in Germany for a while. I'd set my phone to roaming, and it automatically found a network. However, after a moment of two it would somehow disconnect, and I'd have to switch to aeroplane mode and back again for it to reconnect, only for it to do the same. I'm using a oneplus 7 pro.

I spent sometime fiddling with settings, and also some time on the phone to Virgin, but wasn't able to resolve it. It wasn't the end of the world - there was just enough time to open google maps and check a route, or get my covid passport up or whatever - but it clearly isn't ideal.

It was all fine again back in England, and I kind of forgot about it - but I'm about to go abroad again, to Spain, and wanted to know if there was any advice to stop it happening again? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Docherty,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, a replacement SIM is now on the way. 

Just as a bit of future advice for next time you go on holiday, if it happens again - Try popping your SIM into another phone to see if it works. 

If it doesn't have the same issue then it may be an issue with your actual handset. 

If you do jet off somewhere nice soon, please let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Great, thanks

Calum