Menu
Highlighted
JOC2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lifetime 5 x Data (new)

I've just switched around my SIM only tarrifs and have gone for the new 4G 5000 mins + 10GB (new) for £13 - under this new pending order, which will kick off in in a few weeks' time and in the same box it says:

Lifetime 5 x Data (new) Cost £0.00

Effective: 15th Oct 2019 to 31st Dec 2099

What exactly does this Lifetime 5 x Data (new) mean please - does it mean that instead of 10GB I am actually going to get 50GB at no extra cost?  

This would be wonderful if a little unexpected

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lifetime 5 x Data (new)

Yes as long as you stay on that tariff
0 Kudos
JOC2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow! That seems a really good deal, so I get 50GB for £13 a month - that might make me real popular with my teenage offspring!!
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If that's what the deal says - that's what you have got 🙂 I am also pretty sure that will have rollover on it too. I am on the unlimited and I do about 230GB a month - My wife is on the 45GB £18 a month deal and she often has 60-70GB due to the rollover. Your app will tell you the amount that rolls over every month if you don't use it - here's her latest one. 

0 Kudos
JOC2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I haven't installed the app. but I like the look of the information you can get from it.  Our Pay Monthly accounts have only previously had 1GB of data on them and the kids have been telling me that wasn't enough (so have the odd bills when they've exceeded what they've been given!!).  I looked online and found I could give them 10 times what they had previously for virtually no more cash (esp. when they accidentally went over) so pressed the buttons whilst I was looking at my sons account details - I have one main log-on with all the families phones accessible from it as I pay for them all.  

Then after doing my sons new plan (where I can now see online this bit about the pending new 10GB plan and the x5 lifetime data thing) - at the same time I had to order him a new 4G SIM - I discovered that I couldn't update the plans for myself and my daughter online - although I could and did order us the new 4G SIMS. 

I phoned 789 to see if I could get us the same new tarrif plans and the guy has told me that both the numbers will be on the new plan when the new SIMS arrive and there was nothing I needed to do.  Even though, to my knowledge I couldn't do the upgrades for either my or my daughters account.

I must admit to some surprise at this, and at the moment a little skepticism - I've always needed to order things separately for the 3 accounts under my single log-in when I've made changes previously - is it possible that all the three accounts have really been upgraded and all I need to do is to wait for the new SIMS to arrive and for the refresh dates to roll over, even though I can't see this information online my my own and my daughters account, whilst I can see it for my son?  I don't like to phone again to say are you sure?  I'd be far happier to be able to see this on the online accounts.

Maybe I'll download the indicated app. and see if this shows me anything different.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't know about the other stuff sorry but I do know the app simply checks you are on the network and then loads - no login needed. In 2019 I am truly shocked anyone could live on 1GB a month - I don't think 500MB and 1GB should be sold. I think it should be 10GB minimum but that's just me.

0 Kudos
JOC2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried the app.  Yup, just as you said, no logon, it just got what it needed from the current SIM.  However, it's a nice, easy way of finding out how much data etc you have left - I'm going to suggest the kids add it to their phone, perhaps that will stop the data overuse - which to my horror I've just discovered has been running at around £40/month for one of them for the last 10 months!!!  Def. cheaper to upgrade the tarrif - wish I'd have done so 10 months ago!!

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Indeed! and send a spending cap too to £0 so they can't run up any more! 

0 Kudos