Menu
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Let down badly by Virgin!

I'm going to leave Virgin when I get home. I can't believe there's no way to contact them. I'm in a serious situation in a foreign country, Poland and I can't use my mobile to call or text anyone for help! It's minus 10 and I can't get to my apartment. Can't get Uber taxi. It's getting late. I've had to sleep in a doorwell, I have proof! Please someone help me! It's an emergency!! I'm a woman on my own HELP HELP HELP. I'm using a stranger's WiFi to do this. Massive complaint when I'm home

0 Kudos
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In Poland unable to use my phone or log in, please help me

I'm a woman alone in Poland and I can't use my phone to call or text! Tried everything. I can't even log into my account or call virgin. Help asap

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: In Poland unable to use my phone or log in, please help me

I've escalated your other post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: In Poland unable to use my phone or log in, please help me

Hey @Angryalone,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Virgin Mobile in Poland.

Has this issue only started this evening or has it been ongoing since you got to Poland? 

I have been able to locate your account and reset the roaming profile on your account. Please could you try to use your services again and let us know if this has worked?

If you are using a WiFi connection are you able to make WiFi calls from your handset?

Regards

Steven_L

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in Poland with useless service

I don't know how to reply to people. I've been told will take 24hrs. I'm in a doorway here and ite minus 10. I'm in a stairwell to keep warm. I can charge my phone at least. The chat service made me wait an hour!I've crying my eyes out. Can't even call a taxi, lockdown here and no one about as there's too much snow..I'm a right mess 

0 Kudos
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Help me in stranded with no mobile signal in poland

Please no one seems to understand the problem. I've been on chats every day trying to explain. I waited 90 minutes for a response then they decide they need an hour lunch break! I've done everything. I can't get my roaming to work. Virgin app says turn WiFi off and have a strong mobile signal to log in. I DON'T HAVE ANY MOBILE SIGNAL! THAT IS MY PROBLEM.!  Luckily i was able to stay in an old junk shop last night. I've had to spend Sunday night in a stairwell in Poland minus 10degrees. I'm not dressed for the freezing snow. I'm a woman who's totally stranded in a country in lockdown! Someone please help me. I'm hungry tired and scared

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help me in stranded with no mobile signal in poland

I'm taken to understand that Virgin have tried to reset things this end, but it is difficult to do when you are at a distance. Have you tried connecting to each of the Polish networks in turn.

I really think you need get someone to contact the authorities and then the Consulate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

4 days no roaming a woman alone in Poland

Since Sunday no roaming, 4/5 days now. Connecting to chat takes up to 2hrs then they have to go off for your long breaks leaving me hanging! I cannot leave my room advice no internet. I've done nothing but cry and it's been minus 10-12 degrees. most awful experience with Virgin. Been here a few times and never a problem using my Mi 8lite in any country. I put my roaming on before I landed. Virgin keep giving me instructions about using the app and signing in. THE APP REQUIRES GOOD MOBILE SIGNAL SIGNAL...I DON'T HAVE A MOBILE CONNECTION! Why cant anyone help me? I don't know what to do. I've not eaten and can't cope stuck here on my own not being able manage. I can't even log into my account, being told wrong details! The service is not fit for purpose! Every Uber I've called I've not been able too use as no WiFi in street to find them. Been charged for every one I've called! Then I've had to pay again for another taxei each time. I'm terrified I'll miss my flight as I'll struggle to get a Uber again. I want to know why my bill is 3 times usual amount, IVE USED ZERO DATA! When I'm home in going to take action, this is not right. I missed the appointment I came here for because of the service, or lack off. I've spent a lot of money to get here with covid tests, flights etc. I will never get the chance to have my interview...this was my chance to secure my future and it's over. I've kept the chats, mostly conversation about them saying it's their scheduled your long lunch break and me begging them not to go, again. When you've waited hours on chat for assistance them half hour later there eating again. Not great when your in a freezing stairwell. It's been a horrific experience. If anyone can advise me what action I can take please do. I used all my savings to make this trip, make or break. Virgin media broke me. I'm trying not to be too dramatic but it is a serious situation. I can't stop crying.

0 Kudos
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

4+days and I'm still stuck in Poland with no roaming!

I've spend 4 days messaging about this but it takes sometimes hours for a reply back. I'm given steps to follow, I get so far reply back and wait hours for next step. Why can't someone help me in a way that actually helps? I'm disgusted by the ridiculous service I'm getting. I'm alone in a foreign country! I can't do a thing here. I'm not comfortable going out alone without a working phone. How can you treat customers like this? I have to leave my apartment in the morning and my flight is 9 hours later. I can't do it. It's freezing winter here too. Virgin is aware I had to sleep in a stairwell when I arrived at 1am 15feb and a second night i slept in a junk shop. I was unable to contact on my phone. I had to miss an interview, the reason I came here. This trip was meant to be the start of my future. I used all my savings and borrowed to get here, the interview was just a formality, the final stage. So much planning and sacrifice... I know that V will not accept responsibility for this nightmare, leaving me no choice but to take legal action I'm afraid.  

0 Kudos
Angryalone
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help me in stranded with no mobile signal in poland

Maybe I could phone the embassy or consulate? I CANT MAKE ANY CALLS OR TEXT

0 Kudos