cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit number is not recognised

Lindasmobile
Joining in

Hi, while we were away in Cornwall I noticed that my saved numbers had changed format . So our home number is in Birmingham and is 0121 45 etc, but it was changed to 01 214 and when I called , the message said the number was unrecognised . Names aren’t shown when people call and I can’t return the calls - any help / knowledge of what this issue is please?

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Suspect you have a confused iPhone

Try this and let us know it it works

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Lindasmobile,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

Have you been able to resolve your mobile issues with the help from @enlli or do you need any further assistance with this problem?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I'm still having issues - names aren't shown and messages are coming through from existing contacts but appear as new numbers.

Somebody suggested it was to do with adding +44 to the beginning of my contact numbers - would this work - is there a "global" way of adding the +44 rather than going through each contact?

Thanks

Linda

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK. Assuming this is an iPhone and you have carried out the instructions I posted previously do the following:

Go into Dial assist and select any country other than the UK

One done, open Dial Assist again and select UK

It should reset things 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

I think that may have worked !

I'll let you know if it hasn't re-set all the changes, but that definately has re-set the phone numbers in the correct format.

Thanks again !

Hi @Lindasmobile

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Great to hear this has now set the numbers in the correct format after the very helpful advice from @enlli 

Please do contact us if you require any further help 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs