Menu
iwilliamsd
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leaving viurgin mobile

As my wife's virgin mobile has now 'upgraded' to 4G it is phoning home every hour and using mobile data whether it is on wifi or not. This is going to use the data allowance and anything rolled over from last month. So that's it, she's off.

Trouble is I can't speak to anyone to do it. I have got the fee to leave the account early but I can't find out how much is payable on the credit agreement and where to go next. And I can't speak to anyone because of shortages of people - COVID-19 and all that. The website is shockingly bad at actually letting you find anything - you just go around in circles.

My forehead is starting to hurt from beating it against a wall so many times. Who can I talk to and how can I talk to them?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving viurgin mobile

Have you asked the members here about your problem? Maybe there is an easy solution.

What phone is it?

It sounds like you are on a Freestyle tariff with the phone being a separate loan to the contract for airtime. If so, you can get a PAC code for the SIM and move the phone onto another network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
iwilliamsd
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can get the PAC code (actually found that on the website - woohoo!) and that tells me I have about £30 to pay - with 6 months left of a £16/month contract? The trouble is there might be credit left to pay on the phone purchase as well (part of the £16/mth) but I can't talk to anyone to check (can't find any record of credit agreement emails). I could just move the phone, stop the DD and see if they come chasing but that's not a good way to do it.

If the phone wasn't eating data and allowance for no reason, and therefore potentially costing us money for no reason we'd just leave it to run out in Feb, then get the hell out of Dodge. As for what kind of contract it is, it's whatever was usual in February 2018 when I started it.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

• Check your bank account to see if there is one or two direct debits. Freestyle will have two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
iwilliamsd
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just one - that's why I can't tell what is tariff and what may be phone payment.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In that case it won't be split. So there won't be an extra charge for the phone payment.

I'm afraid you will have to go back to calling for the definitive answer as the Team on here can't deal with account payments. Early morning (8am) usually works. 

0 Kudos
iwilliamsd
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phoned and eventually spoke to a human. The cost given was the total early disconnection fee, there wasn't outstanding finance. So I have got a PAC code and can go off and move to GiffGaff. The final bill once we've moved will be the fee and the final month pro-rata cost. We have other phones with them already so we should be OK.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos