cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving virgin mobile

Bobbl3s
On our wavelength

How do I leave virgin mobile ?

I had a contract for a phone for my son, this phone hasn't been used for yrs and to be honest its £6 a month and i completely forgot i was paying it ( free money to virgin i guess). I am trying to cancel this contract and can find absolutely no way to do so, this is ridiculous.

I do not need or want a PAC or a STAC as I am not switching I just need to cancel the damn contract

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In all honesty if you have an account with another provider a STAC will do the trick. When applied by that provider your Virgin account comes to an end absolutely nothing happens to the none Virgin account.

I've done that twice for family members

You can ring 789 but be prepared for hassle

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Bobbl3s
On our wavelength

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract

Cancelling without changing provider

Please Note: When you cancel your account, your mobile number will terminate and you will not be able to get this mobile number back. If you want to keep your mobile number, please follow the PAC process. For more information click here.

nowhere does it show how to actually achieve this and the click here link goes to how to get a PAC code

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In all honesty if you have an account with another provider a STAC will do the trick. When applied by that provider your Virgin account comes to an end absolutely nothing happens to the none Virgin account.

I've done that twice for family members

You can ring 789 but be prepared for hassle

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We're trying to do the same, do we just text the stac to the new provider?? We no longer have the phone or sim card so have no clue what to do! 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jjpsge,

I am sorry to see that you are leaving us, are you trying to find out how to take your mobile number from your old phone?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No phone and sim card are already long gone and I'm now with another network, I need to cancel the payments as I thought I already did

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me @jjpsge,

Do you still have direct debits coming out for your mobile account? Did you contact us to let us know you are leaving us previously?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I tried to but getting through to anyone was impossible, I cancelled my direct debit, you will be able to see the last time I used the phone for a call/text, I would like to close the account in full which I thought was done after requesting the code without realising more had to be done, and I dont have the phone anymore or the sim card.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, thanks for explaining @jjpsge.

We are unable to do this from this platform, please can you call our mobile line? - 0345 600 0789 They will be able to cancel this for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team