cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of signal

BobNic
Joining in

Hi. 

I have jit had mobile phone signal at my home address for over 2 weeks. It appears there is a problem as it is the entire village that is experiencing this. 

I would like to know what u do in order to get compensation for this lack of signal?

Thanks in advance 

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BobNic thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding lack of phone signal.

Are there any issues highlighted here for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi. 

Screenshot_20230122_111957_Chrome.jpg

Hi. It is a known fault, wondering if I will automatically get compensation,  or do I have to apply for it? 

Thanks

Hi @BobNic thanks for your reply.

There is unfortunately no automatic compensation for mobile faults, but it does seem by your screenshot that the fault will be fixed by 24th January 2023 which is great to hear.

If you do have any problems after this time, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom. 

But as I haven't been able to send or receive texts or calls, I feel that there should be a way to contact customer services to discuss this. 

Do you know of an email address I could use, please? 

Thanks

Hi @BobNic thanks for your reply here.

I do appreciate your concerns, but unfortunately the team don't have an email address as point of contact.

Their direct phone line is 789 or 0345 600 0789 so if you do wish to discuss this with them on the phone, you can do so here.

In terms of getting things fixed however, they may be unable to assist further than I have done so here, and instead reiterate the time for a fix.

I do hope this helps however.

Many thanks

Tom_W

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is from the terms and conditions. There is a similar clause in the T&Cs for all networks.

Provision of Services

4.1 Availability: We will try to make our Services available to you at all times but quality and availability could be aected by factors outside of our control, such as faults in the Network or any other networks used to provide the Services to you, and other environmental factors such as the weather, the type of building you are in, or surrounding trees. The Network we use for the provision of our Services may from time to time need upgrading, maintenance or other work which may result in interruptions or unavailability. Where this is the case and our Network provider has informed us, we will detail any interruptions or unavailability on our website and details will also be available from our Team. We will do all we can to keep such unavailability to a minimum, however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide Network coverage at all times. The Services are available if you are in range of a base station which forms part of the Network that we use. The Network comprises dierent types of technology and the available technology varies depending where you are in the country. For example, you will only have access to our 3G Services when you are in range of a 3G base station. In other parts of the country you may only have access to 2G Services. You will only have access to 4G if you have signed up to a 4G tariand are within range of a 4G base station. See the 4G terms and conditions below. In areas without Network coverage you will not receive any Service. You should check our coverage checker Virginmedia.com/coverage on our website for more details.

Signal or not you should be able to make calls and text using WiFi Calling. Make sure it is enabled in your account and on your phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And to add to enlli's reply but coming at this from a fault management angle..

Network outages happen, to offer "compensation" for every time there's a local outage is unworkable and unrealistic. Each of the 4 main networks has different strategies with their rollout and coverage plans, but there is usually some overlap in all but the most rural locations such that a single site outage will cause a reduction in coverage levels but not always a complete loss of service.

The networks do differ substantially in this regard.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks