Menu
arwalker
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lack of WiFi Calling

Frequent signal issues at home with my phone & sim.  Usually only 1 bar of signal, maybe 2 if I am lucky,  not even 3g showing

Coverage checker says that the signal at my address is 'excellent' for 4g.  It isn't. 

Contacted customer service and a new sim was sent out.  Still the same problem.  Virgin Mobile do not support WiFi calling on my phone, (apparently a flagship) Oppo Find X2 Pro, which I purchased from Virgin directly.  

Please sort it out Virgin.  If I pay over £1k for a phone, I should be able to use it.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of WiFi Calling

Good Afternoon arwalker, 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you're having coverage issues on the phone in your property. Can you tell me if this happens on the handset when you're in other locations?

I personally have a very similar problem at home - I suspect this is due to the number of trees in between my home and the mast, which like yours, has excellent coverage. Do you have similar problems with trees or perhaps buildings that may be obstructing the mast?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of WiFi Calling

Well it appears some that have bought 5G phones from Virgin are being transferred to Vodafone as I type

@David_Bn 

Is this a possibility here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos