Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keep old phone number

I have a sim only contract with virgin mobileand have ordered Virgin media broadband with an oomp added on for a sim only mobile and wish to keep my existing number. The new sim card arrived with a new number and there is nothing on virgins website about transferring the number from Virgin Mo to Virgin Med. Phoned 789 twice and after an aveage 45 min wait told this transfer can only be done by a branch od Virgin closed for incoming calls. I was told they would contact me and have been waiting since June 1without any contact. What worries me also I am on the same package changing my landline from BT to Virgin and need to keep the same number. I regret to say I am ery dissapointed with Virgin and feel I would like to cancel the whole deal and stick with BY and Virgin Mobile. Help from somebody would be appreciated. Also what happens if they fail to be able to connect up my Broadband with noone to speak to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep old phone number

Numbers can't be moved within Virgin Mobile.

Usually for an existing Mobile customer taking out and Oomph bundle, the existing SIM contract should be upgraded to the Oomph plan. This can still be possible after an order by cancelling the Oomph SIM and then processing the upgrade to the Oomph plan on your existing number and SIM - but that's the thing the Oomph team need to do and is likely the people you're waiting for the response from.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I keep my own number as what you say is differant to what I have been told. Do I cancel the oomph and stick wirth Virgin mobile I find it frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I should have added is not hearing from them for 11 days even in the current situation pretty bad practice

0 Kudos