Menu
reub777
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Joining Virgin

I'm thinking of moving to Virgin mobile on a 24 month deal. The monthly payments are OK but what happens after the term expires, could it jump up drastically?

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Joining Virgin

It could but there will be other deals available.
You'll also have a get-out option when Virgin change their carrier.
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you join Virgin now you will automatically placed on the Vodafone network, so check their coverage where you are most likely to use it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
reub777
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting, why are they advertising joining with o2 ?
I am already a Virgin customer (TV/Broadband and landline) ?
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They signed a five year deal with Vodafone before the take over. Virgin Mobile and O2 will run separately for some time. Merging Virgin's hotchpotch mobile network with O2 will not prove easy and they will have to pay Vodafone a serious amount of money if they leave.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
reub777
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, I think I'll stay with O2.....
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reub777,

Thanks for posting on our forums with your question about our mobile plans 🙂

If you are still interested in joining us, please let me give you some info on how our plan work!

SIMO accounts - These are SIM only accounts where you just pay for a tariff contract, once the contract expires your services will continue as normal. The price will also stay the same until you either change the package, or an annual price increase is processed to keep inline with the marketing rules and regulations. The payments won't cease until you contact us to either change the tariff or cancel.

Freestyle Accounts - These are when you purchase a handset and SIM card together, the handset will have it's own loan agreement that runs alongside the SIM contract. The direct debits for these two aspects are separate, so you'll have two payments coming out each month. One for the Tariff and one for the Handset. Once the contract is finished, the handset payments will stop automatically, whereas the tariff payments will continue (as stated in my above explanation) until you either change it or cancel.

If you are still interested, I have a like to our Mobile Shop here 🙂

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos