Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Issues Porting number from Virgin to Virgin

Hello,

I'm having problems porting my old Virgin Mobile number to my new Virgin Mobile Sim. I have signed up for a new Oomph bundle but was already an existing Virgin Mobile customer. I was told I could port my old number over but have had problems trying to do this. I have a PAC code so tried calling the helpdesk but was transferred twice - the second time to a department that was closed so the call hung up.

Can anyone help get my number ported over?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues Porting number from Virgin to Virgin

Hi,

you can't port a number on the same network. You will need to speak to the oomph team so they can transfer the old number over to the Oomph sim.  Forum staff may be able to pick up on this for you but it may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. After 30 mins on the phone before being cut off and then a further 2 hrs 30 mins in live chat I was told it wasn't possible to transfer a number from one Virgin sim to another Virgin sim so my advise is don't lose or damage your current sim as Virgin won't be able to keep your number apparently. It looks like my only option is to move my current number to someone else so I can then port this back in!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It can be done by the people who deal with Oomph accounts. 789 on the mobile side don't have a clue as the Bradband side and the Mobile side rarely talk to each other.

If you have a Virgin Landline ring 150 and stay in the Broadband side and ask for the Oomph team.

Alternatively try  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Ryan_N  

As the newly appointed Oomph Master, can you help 😁

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Enlli, I'll give that a try as well to see if I get any further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Oomph-sim-transfer-to-VM-mobile-account/td-p/4074...

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for this. I have had problems trying to find other threads. I've now posted in the link so fingers crossed Ryan can help me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi CptMagicMol, 

Thank you for your post. 

The above is all right, I'm really unsure why our team would have issues a PAC code knowing that we are unable to port V2V. As there is nothing more to advise, what I will do is send you a private message and get this sorted for you 🙂 

Thanks for the heads up @enlli, at this rate I'll be due my next graduation haha! 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ryan_N has managed to resolve the problem very quickly. I now have my existing number assigned to the new Oomph deal so no need for lots of messing around with the Virgin Mobile team. Thanks Ryan!