Menu
lewdanks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Issue with requesting new SIM card from stolen phone

Hi there,

I created an account with virgin mobile to handle the transfer of a phone contract I was using from my dads account to my own account.  We performed this sometime earlier this year and have lost contact over the period.

I have attempted to log into my account to see my options for requesting a new sim card and realised I am unable to login to my account as I've forgotten my password.  Password recovery is only allowed via Mobile Phone, and as it has been stolen I am unable to use the mobile to get the reset code so I can access my account.

I contacted virgin help via the online messaging system and the lady I spoke to was less than helpful - I was also more than a little frustrated.  They required a code that was made on the purchase of the contract, one that I would give over the phone? - this contract was originally purchased over ten years ago and not by me.  I have never set up any of those details on my virgin media account and must pertain to my fathers account.  I have no ability to access these details.  I am in control of the e-mail address (it is my email address) of the account that the sim card is attatched to and I am in control of the bank account where the monthly payments are taken from (it is my bank).

I am looking for some assistance in being able to a) recover my account without my mobile number. b) request my sim card is deactivated.  c) request a new simcard be sent to my address

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with requesting new SIM card from stolen phone

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the trouble reporting this as stolen.

If you're the account holder on the account did you go through secondary security questions with the team? 

Have you already checked the article on this here?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
lewdanks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They did not offer me secondary security questions.  To be honest I expect them to be relating to my father if they are around the sim card purchase and not the account i created under my email address.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this, did they confirm that you weren't the account holder on this one? As if this is the case they wouldn't go through these secondary questions. ^Em

0 Kudos
lewdanks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I've just been on the phone again.  And I've heard the same things,  1,3,5th number of a security code - I don't believe I've ever set one up. I am reluctant to give a number off the top of my head that I might have used in the small chance I did, but I was told this code was setup on purchase which it wasnt my purchase simply my account was made the account holder. 

I've been told my father is the account holder as its his name, but this is just plainly false, its my e-maill adress, its my bank account - i get the bills monthly.  I'm just looking for a lost password recovery e-mail as everyother website in the existence of the internet has.  I feel like I have no other option at this moment to get my bill cancelled is to cancel the direct debit with my bank. That is currently the only power I have.  And it will sure prove who has access to the account.

I am so dissapointed with the level of service I've been provided. I am so reluctant to ever use Virgin again, my family have also expressed their concerns with how I've been handled and they will be cancelling their mobile, tv, internet and home phone services due to how they've seen me be handled over the telephone and over online chat.

Right now Emily you seem to be my only hope for a resolution to this issue.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this, if the account is in your fathers name then the secondary security questions wouldn't be a possibility. 

Does your father have access to the online account or use any of the numbers on the account in question? As if so and the payments are cancelled he would be notified and able to resolve this his side if he is the account holder as you've said you don't have contact with him to notify him of this yourself.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
lewdanks
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

He doesn't have access to the online account because it is my e-mail address.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If he has a number attached to the account he may contact us if the payment information changes, this is only if you can't contact him regarding this yourself and cannot pass the primary security questions.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Squeaky
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

I'm the parent in question, can you please let me know what I need to do to cancel this Sim/contract?  I do have an online login but this number was attached to his email address so I've not received any information regarding an error.

Les

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Les,

Thanks for getting in touch, 

You can find the details you need to report this here

Alex_Rm