Menu
KenzoH94
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Issue with Registering Virgin Mobile account for the First time

Hi there,

I am trying to set up my Virgin Mobile account for the mobile number that I've got from CarphoneWarehouse recently. However It kept asking for a security answer to a 'blank' security question (as attached) even though it is my first time registering the number. Please help me on this problem. Thanks. 

security page virgin mobile.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with Registering Virgin Mobile account for the First time

Hi KenzoH94, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

When you have taken out this account is this a pay monthly or pay as you go? If it is pay monthly then it would have been the security answer you use when the account was set up and the one you would use to access the account by calling the team. 

Let me know. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
KenzoH94
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

It is a Pay Monthly one. But I have not set up any security answer because I got it from CarphoneWarehouse.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I would be able to do this for you! I will send you a private message 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Jenhar82
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same issue as above exactly. Carphone warehouse sim can somebody please help me 

0 Kudos
Kezza74
Just joined
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I am having the same problem with my setting up an online account.  I purchased my phone from a virgin store but have tried all possible answers and got nowhere.  How can I reset it?

@KenzoH94 wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to set up my Virgin Mobile account for the mobile number that I've got from CarphoneWarehouse recently. However It kept asking for a security answer to a 'blank' security question (as attached) even though it is my first time registering the number. Please help me on this problem. Thanks. 

security page virgin mobile.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kezza74, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry you've encountered this problem. We'll be able to help further but we'll need to access your account.

So I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details, and will look forward to hearing back from you.

Tom

0 Kudos
andya2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am also having a problem registering my first ever Contract after years of being a Pay As You Go customer with Virgin. I bought a sim free mobile phone from Argos and then went to a Virgin Media shop in Glasgow where a contract was drawn up. There was no mention of "Security Question" at that time, and the only reason I tried to check my account was that I received a text from Virgin telling me I could easily check it. Phoned the 789 number, but they kept asking for the answer to the Security Question.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi andya2,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting up an online account due to issues with the security question.

I'll need to take a look at the account so I can help you further, so I'll pop you a private message.

Thanks

Melissa 

andya2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I would like to say a big thank you to Melissa and Dean for their help. I am pleased to say that the issue has now been resolved, and I can now access my mobile account.
Kind regards
Andy
0 Kudos