Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issue setting up mobile account

Last year I became a Virgin customer and with my fibre and tv package I received a free unlimited sim, which up until now has been unused as I was still in a contract. I have now attempted to use the sim and port my number over, but unfortunately this is proving to be quite difficult.

I am unable to log into a mobile account, because I have never registered one having never used the sim before and so I tried to register, upon which I am asked for the mobile number. Once provided, I am then asked to answer a security question, however how can I answer a security question for an account that does not yet exist? So then I am told to call 789, upon which following the automated service I am redirected to a mobile help link which simply asks if I have forgotten my email or password, which of course I haven't because I have never created an account. However if I try this anyway (using the mobile number, my name and my postcode) it states that I do not exist and that I need to register. As you can see, this is going in circles and not particularly going anywhere.

I need to register an account and then provide my PAC so that my number can be ported over, I would appreciate any help with getting this done as it has been quite a headache until now.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue setting up mobile account

Can anybody help with this? Post may have been lost as it was posted after 5pm yesterday

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey there tomlaw95,

Your post hasn't been lost 😉 I'll send you a Private Message so I can take some details from you and help you with your online registration for your mobile account and hope to relieve you of your headache.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tomlaw95,

Please ignore my Private Message as I can see that my amazing colleague @Melissa_F is already helping you out. If you have any further queries afterwards, please post back here so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa