Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is this is a scam

Yes. 100% scam

Doing the rounds on Virgin and now O2 and EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks bud that text really scared me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I just had a similar text but the link looked really genuine and I clicked on it but didn’t enter any information as I was unsure. Can anything happen to my phone just from clicking the link? I’m really freaking out!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@C421 wrote:

I just had a similar text but the link looked really genuine and I clicked on it but didn’t enter any information as I was unsure. Can anything happen to my phone just from clicking the link? I’m really freaking out!!

As long as you did not enter any info and then click the submit button - you are safe 🙂

Just remember, no company will send a text or email with a link for you to send/enter your personal details out of the blue.  Virgin let you know if there any problems with your Direct Debit or payments by cutting your services off, it is then down to you to contact them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for responding. I get really paranoid with things like this and worry that just clicking the link will give someone access to everything on my phone. I’ve deleted all my internet history as suggested by virgin and restarted my phone. Also ran a scan on my avast app and it said I am safe and it hasn’t spotted any worrying activities so fingers crossed 🤞. I really hate the internet sometimes!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just received this text again on another number. Am I likely to be constantly getting these texts now? Only just changed my phone number to get away from scammers 😫

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Changing numbers will never truly get you away. Over 50 million scam calls and text in the UK last year... and it's on the rise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@C421 wrote:

I’ve just received this text again on another number. Am I likely to be constantly getting these texts now? Only just changed my phone number to get away from scammers 😫

Believe you me, it's nothing personal, nobody is looking up your mobile number and decide to target you today, it's all completely automated. The people behind it simply send a load of messages to random numbers, some fail because the number isn't allocated but some, naturally, are 'live' mobile numbers and a random person gets the message. If they send out a million random messages, 20% get through to a real users and of those 10% click on the link, then the scammers are quids in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Omg but I clicked the link 😱😱😱 !! I didn’t put personal information in, I just clicked the link and came straight off! Is this going to make me a target to them?!?! I’m really really upset and worried 😭

0 Kudos