Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is it me or are they not interested?

Hi, we have TV, Broadband and two mobiles with Virgin. The phone contracts are old, one of the phones is for my daughter, and she needs some more data, so I called up and asked if they could help. At the same time I was looking through uSwitch at the deals. The agent offered the same Virgin deals as on uSwitch. I queried this as they were more expensive than Sky, Vodafone etc and asked if there was anything they could do to match these, she said no, and I asked so to get a better deal is my best option to switch provider and she said "yeaaah" - I was gobsmacked, I was looking to upgrade my SIM only deal and really just expected to be able to match the mainstream big providers.

Are Virgin no longer interested? Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it me or are they not interested?

Without knowing what they were offering it is hard to say. I know they will not match other provider's prices. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Haggling for deals stopped a very long time ago on the mobile side, I'm quite surprised they even offered you the uSwitch advertised deal for a plan change - usually new SIM/number only.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, sounds like it's less trouble to just grab the Vodafone deal, as it's cheaper. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They sent me a new SIM card and are insisting I use it, despite them not supporting my old phone model, so I posted on here about it, and they deleted my post. I guess that tells you how much they care.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep, the lady was hard to understand but just wanted to give me the PAC code, I was sorry I even asked the question, but I kept thanking her - time to toughen up I guess and be the customer.....and walk😥

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I guess they just can't compete so easier to let you go.

I had a similar experience this morning where I had an older deal paying £5.53/month for 300 minutes and 300MB, so I took a look at Uswitch and saw unlimited minutes + 1GB for £5/month with talkmobile.  I was offered a deal for 1500 minutes for £7/month!   Needless to say I just got the PAC code.

I need the extra minutes because my Virgin media landline is so poor I cannot use it.  No one turned up today to fix it https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/No-one-turned-up-between-noon-amp-4pm/td-p/4158712

Can't wait for contract to end in August.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Amazing. Our VM landline has never worked, although we weren't wanting one due to mobiles. Time to hunt around for a new super data deal. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have 5 mobile numbers, home phone and broadband and they have just doubled one of my mobile tariffs from £7 to £14 7 months into a 12 month contract with the offer of if you dont like it leave. 3 guesses as to what I'm going to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They truly have changed, and are clearly very confident. Wow

0 Kudos