Menu
mickbell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is it a phone or is it a brick?

Its a brick.  Unless someone else can come up with a better word to describe a phone where you cant make or receive phone calls and texts in your own home. Virgin Mobiles reception is dreadful in general but at home and at work I get zero reception.

Please let me out of my contract so I can move elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it a phone or is it a brick?

Hi there @mickbell

Welcome back to our Fourms - I am sorry that you're still having issues with your mobile currently. I can see that we have reached out to you numerous times on various threads but as yet not had a reply. 

We're more than happy to help you out with your issue here if you can let us know a bit more information about your issue. 

Can you make and receive calls outside of your home ok? Is the issue restricted to your home or one specific area? 

Has the always been the case or has it only just recently started? 

Have you rebooted your handset and tried a manual network search at all to see if that helps? Is it just signal that is causing an issue or are you having issues with your data also? 

I was able to locate your address from your forum information and after checking your postcode we have around 7 mast that are all operational within your postcode range; we have no reported issues with any of them over the last 7 days. 

If you're still having issues after the reboot and manual network search, pop back and let us know a bit more and we'll go from there 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mickbell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I don't believe there are seven masts near by to my house as I can't pick up any of them, so I'm not sure which postcode you are using. This problem has been going on for years rather than days so the fact there has been no problems reported in the last seven days is irrelevant to my problem. Ever since Virgin Mobile moved to EE the reception disappeared. I have tried all the solutions offered by your customer service. I have even tried some of the things they have made up as a way of getting me off the phone to stop complaining. I have heard that they are in the middle of software updates , the mast isn't working properly - even though my wife is with proper EE (ex Orange) and she can get reception. The mast is the wrong shape , the wrong colour , I have heard them all. The bottom line is I apparently live in a cave. I can go stand outside as that sometimes helps or I can hang out of the window to make a call. There is sometimes even one square foot of the house where I can stand and on a good day I get half a bar. Thanks for the tips. I would never of thought of turning my phone on and off. Surprisingly it didn't make the slightest difference. I have complained and complained and that's after waiting almost a hour to get through to one of your highly trained technical assistants following a flowchart. So what to do? My contract with you expires in February and you wont see me for dust. In a fair world you would let me out of my contract early as what's the point of a phone that isn't a phone. Wait a minute, that's right it isn't a phone it's a brick.

thanks for nothing and have a nice day now.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have always been with EE since it was formed by the joining of Orange and T-Mobile back in early 2010. Before that it was T-Mobile for around 7 years. So nothing in the last 10 years in way of a change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

so you have had this problem for YEARS. so you must be out of contract. if so you can cancel
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mickbell wrote:

Its a brick.  Unless someone else can come up with a better word 

Doorstop?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mickbell
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's nice

0 Kudos
mickbell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's nice
0 Kudos
mickbell
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what it's got to do with you beaky - though I suspect you work for VM. They promised that it was going to be resolved when the cows came home.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thats nice
0 Kudos