Menu
elka1951
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Is PAYG Plan Ending?

I've been a Virgin PAYG customer since 2003, with the same Mob number. Last Aug 2019 I was transferred over from an old Legacy Plan to the 'Simply 8p Plan',  Now read somewhere that the whole of Virgin's PAYG service is ending completely? Please advise

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is PAYG Plan Ending?

Truthful answer, Yes.  But it has been put on hold during C19. No date has been given

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stephen0691
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

what happens to any credit you have left?

0 Kudos
Nimbus73
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Oh great! 

I too have been with Virgin PAYG since about 2000, & have just splashed out on a new phone to go with the new SIM.

Are you able to point us to what you read about this ending?

And can a Virgin rep tell us how they propose to replace this?

0 Kudos
elka1951
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Enlli. So, no point going ahead with this New Sim Migration, even if the Sim does work on my old Nokia phone? [text received this morning that a Sim is supposed to be on its way to me] As most people on here seem to be having major problems getting their PAC code via text and/or online I really need to stop this migration process so I can obtain the code as soon as possible. I don't want to loose my number. Can you help/PM me?

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This all feels like the final throws of a company about to close down entirely.

All the stores have closed now, PAYG has gone, nobody answers the phones or chat anymore.

It seems they're closing everything to get ready to be closed/absorbed in to O2 or whatever is supposedly going on.

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If I were you I would log in to your Virgin Mobile account and request your PAC code now.

You'll have that available for 30 days, so you'll have time to order another SIM from elsewhere and give them your PAC. That way you'll be able to keep your number, and your Virgin account will be automatically closed down as soon as your PAC is used.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say I'm not a liberty to say where I got the info, but Virgin let it slip on a Web Page put up by mistake. When I questioned it I was told it was postponed, thats all.

Most networks are phasing out what I would call traditional PAYG and replacing them with pay upfront for a bundle of time, text and data. It seems PAYG is not profitable. 

I think it will be a little time before it happens now they have gone to the expense of posting out SIM cards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

elka1951
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Won't let me do this online, as message comes up "we need to send you a new sim before we can transfer your number". Concerned that even if/when it arrives it may not work on my old phone [as some have reported here on this forum] Suggestion seems to be "stop the migration process" in the first place and use my old sim to request PAC. No one from 789 or customer messaging service is answering or I'm just stuck in an eternal loop trying to get through. Can you help/PM me Enlli?

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ugh 😞  What a nightmare.

Hopefully one of the forum team will be able to help you, you've come to the right place.

Truth be told you wouldn't get anywhere with the people on 789 or chat.
Their only response is either "umm, wait 5 working days" then hang up, or they just straight up hang up while you're in the middle of a sentence. 

Hopefully this gets sorted for you.