Menu
1Bigstar71
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Invalid Sim Card

Hi. Can someone give me some advice on a problem. 4 days ago I had a message on my mobile 'Invalid SIM Card. Network locked. SIMcard inserted'. I contacted Virgin who eventually advised there was a problem with the SIM card. They sent me a new one which arrived today but I still have this message. I contacted Virgin again who advised me that I'd need to speak to Carphone Warehouse where I bought the phone 3 years ago to unlock it. The phone is a an old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Has anyone else had this problem?. I thought it a bit strange that I would need to contact CWr to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid Sim Card

Well it could be the phone is network locked but strange it should show now unless you have changed SIM cards recently 

What network was it on originally and is it possible to try the SIM in something else

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
1Bigstar71
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I've been with Virgin for over 10 years and the message just came on when I switched the phone on a few days ago. I last changed the SIM 3 over 3 yeas ago when I bought the phone. Unfortunately I don't have another phone to check it in. It's really frustrating as when I first contacted Virgin they advised me that I just needed a new SIM and when that arrived and didn't work they advised me to go back to the shop I bought the phone to unlock it which doesn't really make sense to me but I could be wrong.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if your original SIM was one of the old type. They were basically rebadged EE and have been withdrawn. The latest are Virgins own. 

I suspect the phone is locked to the old type SIM. 

Question is, who was the supplier of the phone and who is responsible for unlocking. I can see this bouncing around the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
1Bigstar71
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That sounds plausible. I've ordered a new phone now as it's impossible to be without one and Virgin have insisted that it's not the SIM. Hopefully that will sort the problem. Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos