Menu
Micmac1892
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Invalid SIM issue - please provide an official response as this is discriminatory

Hello

My wife and I are both loyal customers who signed up to a PAYG deal which included 2 Nokia 1200 phones.

As has been  highlighted on numerous posts The new SIMS are not compatible with some older phones. You get an Invalid SIM message and the unlock code has no effect.

From other posts it would appear that people have had everything from no help at all to being provided with a new phone free of charge.

please can you tell me what I need to do to get replacement phones and please make this information publicly available for others in this situation somewhere on the site or in the letters sent out.

By default those of us in this situation will generally be older customers who may not be high users but who are reliant on having a method of contacting people when they require assistance. We have already suffered by being moved onto “legacy” PAYG deals which punish those who make irregular and shorter calls and now we find our phones have been made unusable.

These policies are at best unfair and at worst discriminatory. Thank you

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Invalid SIM issue - please provide an official response as this is discriminatory

Hi Micmac1982, 

Thanks for your post and welcome our community. 

Really sorry to hear that you and your wife are having trouble with the new SIM cards, I can assure you this is something we can help with 

We would firstly need to ensure that the SIM cards have been activated first, if it is and the SIM isn't compatible then we can look at a replacement handset. 

We'll have a closer look by popping you a personal message and take it from there.

Emma_C - Forum Team
Micmac1892
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid SIM issue - please provide an official response as this is discriminatory

Thank you for all your help Emma

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem Micmac1892, 

Please let me know when the phone arrives that we've sent as a replacement and we can take things from there. 

Thanks 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micmac1892, 

Just checking in, have you since received the phones?

Please let me know 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Micmac1892
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, not arrived yet, I will let you know as soon as they do, thanks, Mick

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mick, give it a few more days for me and we'll get it chased up 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Micmac1892
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma as mentioned in PM the replacement phones have still not arrived and we have been without usable handsets for over a week now, please can you chase them up, thank you

0 Kudos