cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet service getting super unreliable and other issues, time for a change?

Scott104
Just joined

So this is the 4th time this week that my internet becomes super choppy.

When i do a speed test i see 4-5mb max, while i am supposed to have 25. When i do a ping, i see a lot of packet loss.

Every time i have to call technical support, and there is no way to reach them directly. I have to wait in line twice, wasting a lot of time, first for general support, then they have to redirect me to technical support and ask all the same questions. And guess what? every time they try to sell me that **bleep**ty Virgin TV that's 4 times the price of Netflix yet much much worse.

The fix always ends up switching servers. All of a sudden my speed is back to normal, including no packet loss. The issue is, i waste 1+ hour every time for them to do this and i am sick of it!

Is there a way to resolve this permanently or is it time to change providers again?

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Scott104,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been facing some problems with the quality of your broadband connection recently. Can you confirm if your wired connection also seems to be impacted, or is it just your wireless/Wi-Fi connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!