Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet not working with new SIM card

I have changed the SIM card in my phone, as instructed but now I cannot get internet on my phone. Phone and text are fine. I have tried the sim in another phone and have the same issue. There was a load of questions about profiles and automatically receiving something [ who knows what? its just a load of acronyms and gibberish ] Then I kept getting texts from virgin. I managed to stop the texts by uninstalling whatever it was. My guess is I uninstalled something that to do with internet. There was nothing wrong with my old sim so why send me a new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet not working with new SIM card

They almost certainly tried to send you the New APN configurations needed for data. Try reboot to see if that helps, otherwise use these

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Purple-Virgin-Mobile-SIM-and-need-the-APN-set...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply,

I have not tried rebooting the phone, unless that means switching it on and off again as I do not wish to make things worse. I can at least use the phone for calls and text as it is now. I looked at the page in the link you gave but that is just a long list of acronyms and gobbledy **bleep** and means nothing to me.  Fortunately I rarely use the internet on my phone and my 250 mb of monthly data is often untouched at the end of the month. 

Again thanks for the prompt reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They censored gobbledy **bleep** ...thats just bizarre.
0 Kudos