cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International travel

Pfelly
Joining in

After a recent trip to the USA I was unable to send texts and make calls despite using the recommended Virgin mobile settings. Received the texts from Virgin daily on costs but still couldn’t use. This caused a major issue when using my credit card and I needed to confirm it was me initiating the transaction. Any thoughts as travelling to Greece and Turkey soon? 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pfelly,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to text or call when on your recent trip to the USA. I can understand that must have been quite frustrating as you describe.

You can take a look at our Greece and Turnkey Roaming pages on our website for more information. Please ensure that you set up your Voicemail before travelling abroad, as you cannot set it up by yourself outside of the UK. Please take a look at our Mobile Phone Checks Before You Go page which can help with ensuring that you've done everything you can before leaving the UK so that your journey goes well without any Mobile related issues. Keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Pauline
up to speed with the information on settings etc.

it seemed strange that I could receive text messages in the USA but not respond to or send any, so wondered whether I was missing something, like being connected to wifi or a mobile network or using the uk country code.

my device is an iPhone 11. 

Hi Pfelly, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It is a little strange but as you're no longer there, there's not much we can do to troubleshoot now. 

Hopefully the information given above will set things up ready for you so you have no issues when in Greece or Turkey 🙂 

Let us know if you do have any issues though. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Ok thanks again

Hi Pfelly, 

No problems at all. 

Safe travels 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team