Menu
DS18
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

International call bar service. Virgin mobile should not allow call through

SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN

I am an elderly pensioner, who's husband had a stroke and needed the phones to call emergency services for assistance. Virgin cut off the data on my both mobiles on 11/09/20 so no emails.Then both mobile service was cut off in 21/10/20.All this when I was stressed out already through no fault of mine. Virgin allowed one international call slip through whilst the international call bar was active, through faulty software or deliberately to profiteer from pensioners and charged £75 for one call. I have dual sim phone for the last ten years and have never happened this before. Virgin customer service lied and misled CICAS without providing any evidence. 

I will not be paying the £75 charge and request, it be removed with immediate effect. This is reckless, disgusting and poor service and I did not expect this of Virgin.

Therefore I think Virgin boss Richard Branson should be ashamed of himself if this is the only way to profiteer from pensioners. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: International call bar service. Virgin mobile should not allow call through

Richard Branson has had nothing to do with Virgin for years. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: International call bar service. Virgin mobile should not allow call through

Hi DS18, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am very sorry for the upset this call charge has caused you and for the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

Has this been sorted since your post? 

If not then please reply to the personal message I am sending you now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos