cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference noise on calls

Richard342932
Joining in

I have been dealing with a loud screeching noise on calls since I got my Samsung S21 Ultra a couple of months ago and ported my number from Giffgaff. It happens intermittently but when it does happen it happens on all calls for a few hours which leaves me unable to use my phone for calls. Some days it isn't an issue. Other days it's on every call.

I can't hear the noise, the person on the other end can which makes them have to end the call because the noise is so loud. This has occurred with many different people, on different handsets and networks so definitely coming from my phone. 

I have uninstalled all apps and looked through various advice on settings I cannot figure out what the issue is. 

It is becoming very annoying now, just today I couldn't speak to my child's school because of the noise. 

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @Richard342932

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the phone. 

Could you please test calls with WiFi calling switched on and switched off, just in case that is the source of the issue.

Could you also try a different SIM in the handset if possible?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the WiFi on and off still have the same issue. I don't have another sim card to try unfortunately. 

Okay thank you.

I will send you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide