Menu
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interesting scenario re: vodafone

Long post (sorry).

Tonight I managed to change my sim only plan from a 6gb to 15gb (actually a reduction of 2 quid, result).

Got a confirmation that my plan would change at my next refresh, all good so far.

Then something funny happened. I looked on my status line and it seemed I was roaming. So I went into my mobile network settings and it's changed to ee. So I re-registered on virgin.

Guess what, I'm now on Vodafone. I haven't got a 5g phone yet, but for me the 4g and 3g signal is much better than before. I'm gonna see if I have volte next.

For information my country/operator code is 234 15 at the moment.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interesting scenario re: vodafone

It looks like Virgin are switching new customers and new plans first, this is good to know, thanks for sharing

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, ordering a new plan did the trick for me. On the main account pages I only had the choice of unlimited and the plan I was on, but on the 5g pages all plans were shown and I had the option of upgrading my existing account on the checkout page.

Got a full signal on voda inside the house, so should be better for my battery. It seems to prefer 3g 900mhz at the moment, though it will switch to 4g as well.

0 Kudos
KSenos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I too have found I've been switched to Vodafone (not a new contract, I was alerted by the reduction of signal by 50% and sometimes dropping out completely)

This change of network is the last thing I want as I travel extensively in the UK and have found that Vodafone has poor coverage in many areas.

I was not advised of this change so I understand that I have grounds to terminate my contract early, can a VM team member take care of that?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@KSenos 

Just to let you know the team on here can't handle terminations.

You would have also been better posting a new thread if you wanted it picking up

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks