Menu
FosterChild
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In tears over Virgin Mobile crappy service

In July 2020 I received an unsolicited replacement SIM with a letter saying my number [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] remained unchanged and to throw away old SIm. To my everlasting regret, this is what I did. I became aware that anyone who rang me just got a message that the number was unavailable.  emailed Lutz Schueler of Virgin Media telling him that I am 74 & disabled & housebound & that on those rare occasions wen I do go out I need a properly working mobile to summon transport to get home. I received a reply Ref: COM104198705(KMM53961898V28) dated 13th Aug saying that I would be contacted on my landline. TODAY IS 30/09/2020 & as yet, NO-ONE has contacted me. A kind neighbour contacted Virgin an arranged a replacement SIM for correct number to be sent to me. I received this 29/09/2020 but I STILL cannot use the mobile to either make or receive calls or messages. I am in tears as I can no longer venture out & I am unable to keep in touch with friends the way I did. I cannot ring Virgin from mobile cos my number "cannot be verified" & the landline number is continually busy. I have been a Virgin customer since acquiring my first mobile 21 years ago. I would rate their CS, esp to disabled customers as the worst in the land. Can anyone suggest what I should do?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: In tears over Virgin Mobile crappy service

I'm absolutely amazed that the forum team can be on this in less than 2 hours to take out personal information but they can't answer at the same time.

OP just go elsewhere - really - Virgin doesn't want your business, obviously, why are you staying loyal to them.

I moved from Virgin to 02, signal is amazing compared with Virgin, no problems at all and a better phone.  Honestly, just go on the internet and find another phone and provider, this is appalling service in this current climate.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@whyowhyowhy wrote:

I'm absolutely amazed that the forum team can be on this in less than 2 hours to take out personal information but they can't answer at the same time.

OP just go elsewhere - really - Virgin doesn't want your business, obviously, why are you staying loyal to them.

I moved from Virgin to 02, signal is amazing compared with Virgin, no problems at all and a better phone.  Honestly, just go on the internet and find another phone and provider, this is appalling service in this current climate.

Moderators take out personal information, they do not necessarily virgin customer service representatives

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FosterChild
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had absolutely no intention of continuing with crappy Virgin & tried to obtain a SIM from elsewhere online but kept getting asked to go into a store which I cannot do. That's when neighbour took over & managed to get this new SIM with what I regard as my correct number. This arrived yesterday but I STILL cannot use it.  Am so fed-up!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you do not need to go into a store to get a sim from another network.

You can order one online from every network i know of
0 Kudos
FosterChild
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'll try again. Still think virgin needs exposing for this though

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i moved to smarty (uses three networks) as it was loads cheaper and they just send the sim. I ported my number never had to leave the house 🙂

http://referme.to/2aYrUUx
0 Kudos
FosterChild
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thank  you SO MUCH! I have ordered a SIM from Smarty so after that, watch out virgin Mobule for bad publicity!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

if you used that link you should also get a free month 🙂 30 days as well so you can move when you want no long term contract.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HI FosterChild, thanks foer the message and welcome to the forums, I have read through the post and it appears that the sim card may need activating, we can look in to this via private message. I will send you a private message now. Chris

0 Kudos