cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In US and phone constantly saying refreshing sim data

mtosgood
Joining in

Before going to US I turned off data roaming and mobile data. Since being in US I can use WiFi however phone heating up and constantly getting Refreshing sim data message flashing and using a lot of my battery.

Do I need to do anything else? My phone is Samsung S10 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mtosgood,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your handset whilst in the US. Can you please try turning on Airplane Mode, leaving it on for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back off? You should be able to do this within the handset's settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mtosgood,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your handset whilst in the US. Can you please try turning on Airplane Mode, leaving it on for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back off? You should be able to do this within the handset's settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tried switching flight mode on and off but doesn't make any difference.

Hi @mtosgood,

Thank you for giving that a try. I'm very sorry to hear that this hasn't worked for you.

Can you confirm for me when you're expected to be returning to the UK?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Returning to UK on Wednesday 26th April. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mtosgood 

Thanks for your response

For any further troubleshooting we would need you connected to the UK network for us to diagnose any potential faults, please do update us when you're home and we can look to get this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Since arriving back in UK and switching mobile data back on, not having any problems.  I'm going to Australia in October and don't want same problem happening as my husband also has Virgin SIM and can't have both phones not working properly.  

Hi mtosgood thanks for getting back to us.

Have you had the issue you've reported in any other country that you've roamed in?

Regards

Lee_R

No, this is the 1st time this has happened. Used my phone in Florida in 2019 with no issues. 

Thank you for you response.

I would recommend popping back to us here or calling mobile support on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 600 0789 from any line a week or so prior to going to Australia.

We can then check all the network settings are as they should be prior to your visit to Australia.  

If you start getting the error message or over heating in the meantime time whilst in the UK however, do pop back to us sooner and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide