Menu
Simon2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In Cyprus - can’t hear callers when they call me

We can’t hear callers when the call is from the UK. We have spent time online chatting to Virgin who can’t help. We have removed sims, switched the phones on and off, followed advice on here to change roaming mode, changed network provider, we have spent hours researching online about other Virgin users having similar issues when abroad. We are very technical people but this is a last ditch attempt to reach out for help. Otherwise we will switch provider when we return back to the UK. We are on business and our phones are vital and we are missing important work calls from the uk . Any help much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: In Cyprus - can’t hear callers when they call me

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to hear your business calls coming into you while roaming in Cyrus.

Which network are you currently connected to, have you tried a manual network search and tried to connect to another available network?

I have had a look our end and everything looks to be set up correctly in regards to roaming, I have managed to find some 3rd party information around this issue which may also help here.

Regards

Paul..

0 Kudos
Simon2021
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

After several hours yesterday spent with 1 live chat and 1 live speaking person, both phones now work. 

The answer was to refresh our profiles and settings at Virgin. Once this was done our 2 phones were tested and it all works. 

Our friend who is with ‘Three’ and had the same problem. They also refreshed settings their end and the problem was resolved. 

We are quite techy people and we have tried all sorts of diagnostics to resolve this issue. 

Fellow mobile users in various countries with various providers have also encountered this issue as well and the solution appears to be refreshing and resetting our profiles with the phone provider. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Best wishes, 

Simon 

0 Kudos
Simon2021
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

we have seen the link you sent and as I’m sure you read the contents the person with issues had the same problem. Changing networks is not the answer, changing SIM cards or changing phones. 

As mentioned we know of other people who just need their settings refreshed/reset by the mobile provider. 

When speaking to the Virgin staff they go through a long diagnosis process to ensure it’s not something silly. It would be helpful if call centre staff knew about this issue which is quite easily resolved as it clearly affects many of us when we have to travel abroad for lengthy periods. 

Best wishes,

Simon 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Did you try the network manual search, when having this issue are you in the same place or is this happening everywhere in Cyprus?

Which network is it showing on your phone?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Did you try the network manual search, when having this issue are you in the same place or is this happening everywhere in Cyprus?

Which network is it showing on your phone?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Simon2021
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, please read my previous replies to you. The issue is resolved and it’s nothing to do with networks. All is explained in my reply.

Best wishes, 

Simon 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thank you I wasn't sure that wasn't advised when you first reached out to us, I am sorry if is wasn't I will get this fed back.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos